If you like movies, this is a great time for you to be in Miami: you can enjoy the 36th Miami Film Festival, brought to us this year by Miami Dade College. This is a unique chance to watch pieces of several renowned filmmakers in the big screen.
As a very cosmopolitan city, Downtown Miami is the perfect place for an event like this: this year’s edition will showcase more than 160 films from more than 40 different countries. It is considered the preeminent film festival for showcasing Ibero-American cinema in the U.S., and a major launch pad for all international and documentary cinema.
For 10 days, attendees can not only watch multi-cultural films but also take a sit in special events, such as talks, parties and award films exhibitions. Also, you can expect to see big names of the industry around – actors and actresses (like Luis Guzmán and Patricia Clarkson) and directors (like Barry Jenkins) will be there to interact with the audience. You can take a look to the complete list of guests in their website – there are more than 200 famous names.
36th Miami Film Festival Program
- Date: from March 1 through March 10 - 2019
- Where: several movie theaters are projecting the films. Screening venues include:
- Silverspot Cinema (Downtown Miami)
- Olympia Theater (Downtown Miami)
- MDC’s Tower Theater Miami (Little Havana)
- O Cinema Miami Beach (Miami Beach)
- Coral Gables Art Cinema (Coral Gables)
- Nite Owl Theater (The Miami Design District)
- Paradise Plaza (The Miami Design District)
You can check out more information about the Festival and the program on the official website.
Looking for a place to work during the Festival?
Next is located in Downtown Miami – close to some screening venues of the Festival, such as Silverspot Cinema and Olympia Theater. At this time, you can both enjoy the cultural life of the city and boost your business working in our shared or private offices. Come visit us or get more information on our website.